103 Center Street, Goffstown, NH 03045 • (603) 497-3721 • email@example.com
I provide clarity and versatility. I have documented hardware (from fire engines to circuit boards) and software (from GUIs and APIs to ASIC design tools), for technical and non-technical audiences, in large corporations and small ones, in teams and as sole writer.
CD-ADAPCO. October 2012 – presentSenior Technical Writer
Documenting computer-aided engineering software.
SCIENCE APPLICATIONS INTERNATIONAL CORP. July 2011 – October 2012Senior Technical Writer / Editor
Documenting military technical manuals written to military specification.
- Editing technical manuals on military equipment using XML.
- Working with technical illustrators and military subject-matter experts.
TECHNICAL NEEDS INC. October 2010 – July 2011Contract Technical Writer (to Kollsman Mfg. Co., instrument manufacturer)
Documention included user documentation, service documentation, and online help.
- Authored documentation for advanced medical diagnostic instruments, using FrameMaker, Microsoft Word, RoboHelp, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Photographed hardware, and inserted and edited images for documentation.
EZENIA INC. November 2007 – October 2009Technical Writer
Sole technical writer for the company. Documentation included manuals, quick reference cards, technical bulletins, installation instructions.
- Authored and illustrated document sets for military and government security agencies, and for customer service staff, using Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat.
- Created technical bulletins for customers and customer service staff.
- Edited white papers and press releases.
- Created graphics and logos with Microsoft Paint and Paint.NET.
- Created release notes with HTML.
ENTEGEE GROUP. January 2007 – November 2007Contract Technical Writer (to Entwistle Co., specialty manufacturer)
Sole technical writer for Entwistle. Documentation included manuals, brochures, spreadsheets, and reports.
- Authored user documentation on shipboard machinery, for the US and Japanese navies, including fire-fighting equipment and at-sea cargo transfer rigging
- Created illustrations using Microscoft Paint and CAD/CAM screen captures.
- Edited and organized reports and reference material.
HESSER COLLEGE. September 2006 – March 2007
SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE UNIVERSITY. September 2006 – December 2006Mathematics Teacher
Taught algebra, financial math, probability, and basic math concepts to a variety of students.
MERCURY COMPUTER SYSTEMS, INC. February 1997 – March 2006
Developer of high-speed signal-processing systems for military, medical, and telecommunications market.Principal Technical Writer
- Collaborated in teams of writers maintaining multi-volume doc sets for company's proprietary operating systems.
- Oversaw documentation effort on engineering teams, independently developing documentation plans, integrating documentation schedules with engineering schedules, and conducting review meetings.
- As the sole writer on the project, created libraries of mathematical functions for high-speed signal analysis in radar and medical imaging systems. This required editing both mathematical notation and code samples.
- Managed the company's library of installation instructions for their proprietary circuit boards—wrote, illustrated, updated, coordinated publishing, and directed other writers. These instructions had to be written for non-technical users, for boards requiring both hardware and software configuration in military and medical environments.
CHRYSALIS SYMBOLIC DESIGN, INC.
Maker of Verilog-based software tools for integrated circuit design.Sole technical writer for the company
DIGITAL EQUIPMENT CORPORATION
Manufactured full range of hardware and software.Senior Technical Writer
Graduate Certificate (in progress), Medical Physics,
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS, Lowell, MA
MA, History and Philosophy of Science, INDIANA UNIVERSITY, Bloomington, IN
MS, Physics, TUFTS UNIVERSITY, Medford, MA
BA, Physics, HIRAM COLLEGE, Hiram, OH