Here is a non-canon idea to give plenty of local color to the Planes in
IN: Suppose that they are all, in varying degrees, parallel worlds.
That is, Heaven, Hell, and the Ethereal all have essentially the same
geography and astronomy as Corporeal Earth, though suitably modified.
The Catherdrals or Principalities of Superiors and other major power
centers thus correspond to places on the Earth we know, with analogous
surroundings. Tethers connect equivalent points on parallel globes.
Here are suggested geographies. Alternatives and elaborations are
This is the original Earth, the archetypal Earth of which our Corporeal
Earth is but a copy. It is, of course, paradisal, bursting with life,
including all the forms extinct on our Earth and the forms yet to
appear. The Archangel's Cathedrals are scattered all over this globe,
usually on top of a favorite Tether (which is not the same as the
Tether that is most powerful just now).
- Jacob's Ladder – Jerusalem.
- The Seraphim Council Spires – Paris, at the site of Notre Dame de Paris.
- Blandine – Oxford, England, of the "dreaming spires."
- Christopher – Bethlehem.
- David – the Himalayas.
- Dominic – the Hague, in the Netherlands.
- Eli – at the mouths of the Tigris & Euphrates rivers, near the old Eden
- Gabriel – Mauna Loa, Hawaii.
- Janus – the jet streams of the stratosphere.
- Jean – the Van Allen belts, with the Halls of Progress in a geo-sync
- Jordi – most of sub-Saharn Africa.
- Khalid – Mecca, of course.
- Laurence – Rome, of course.
- Litheroy – New York
- Marc – New York
- Michael – the Plain of Megiddo, outside Jerusalem.
- Novalis – the Amazon river basin
- (Oannes – in the Marianas Trench.)
- (Raphael – Alexandria.)
- (Uriel – Istanbul, formerly Byzantium or Constantinople)
- Yves – Alexandria.
- Zadkiel – Mount Ararat
This is a lifeless desert travesty of Celestial Earth, its sky lit by a
red-giant sun, its ground eroded and plantless, its seas sterile and
- Shal Mari – Los Angeles.
- Andrealphus – Los Angeles & Las Vegas.
- Asmodeus – Moscow.
- Baal – the Plain of Megiddo, outside Jerusalem.
- (Beelzebub – Rome.)
- Beleth – Transylvania, Romania.
- Belial – Vesuvius.
- Fleurity – Bogata, Columbia.
- Furfur – Los Angeles.
- Haagenti – Los Angeles; winter home, New Orleans.
- Kobal – Los Angeles; summer home, New York.
- Kronos – Alexandria.
- Lilith – Los Angeles; summer home, New York (with a view of the Statue
- (Makatiel – Venice.)
- Malphas – Berlin.
- Mammon – Zurich.
- (Mariel – no one remembers.)
- (Meserach – the South Pole.)
- Nybbas – Los Angeles.
- Saminga – the Sahara, esp. the site of Carthage on the north African
- Valefor – the pirate ports of the Bahamas.
- Vapula – Star City, Russia.
- (Vephar – the Red Sea.)
Rainbows, sundogs, and rings around the moon deck the clear skies of
Ethereal Earth, and the clouds are full of color and lightning. All
sunsets and sunrises are gaudy. The forests, deserts, seas, and plains
are as stable as old memories, but the towns and cities move and
re-model with unCorporeal ease.
- The Hindu Pantheon – Benares.
- The Shinto Pantheon – Kyoto.
- The Greek Pantheon – Mount Olympus.
- The Norse Pantheon – Iceland.
- The Voodoo Powers – Jamaica.
- The Dreamtime – Australian Outback.
- The Seelie Court – Glastonbury, England.
- The Unseelie Court – Badon Hill, London.
- Toon Town – Los Angeles.
- Superheros – North American eastern seaboard.
Return to In Nomine Introduction
Return to Wind Off the Hilltop
The material presented here is my original creation, intended for use with
Steve Jackson Games
. This material is not official and is not endorsed by
Steve Jackson Games.
is a registered trademark of Steve Jackson Games, and the art here is copyrighted by Steve Jackson Games. All rights are reserved by SJ Games. This material is used here in accordance with the SJ Games